If you ever thought teaching to be merely educating yourself and then dispensing information, you are right!
Most Early Childhood teacher training programmes do just that.
Montessori training especially at MPTC is self development built into a vast curriculum that will leave an imprint on you.
The Montessori Method of Education is about understanding and then responding to the child. Every individual child is unique and the method is very carefully formulated to offer every opportunity to the child to succeed. The rewards of which the teacher gets to enjoy. As well, the class is much calmer than the regular classroom.
Teachers learn how to respond to the needs of every individual child and keep them purposefully engaged in activities that serve life long benefits. Children in this programme become independent – I mean which parent or teacher would like children to be continuously dependent on them.
Dr. Montessori the founder of the Montessori Method of Education did not franchise her work. This has resulted in a variety of interpretations of her method and philosophy. When trained by someone who understands and is true to the essence of Montessori, you learn:
- to guide a child and not direct
- to self reflect and respect the child’s journey
- to observe rather than respond
- to foster in the child beautiful qualities such as peace, respect, a love for learning and more
- to grow in yourself while the children grow within themselves
- respect for the laws of nature
- that children have miraculous abilities if you allow this to come alive
If any of the above resonates with you and you have an interest in working with children contact Montessori Professional Training at 587 353 2888.